Wednesday, August 26, 2020

More July Happenings 2020


That large clump of green is my mom's mammoth sunflowers.


Our last batch of chicks for the year.


The younger kids found this pigeon as a chick.
The put it with our (chicken) chicks.
Now that it is full size it still follows the chickens around thinking it is one.
Our chickens also believe they can fly because the pigeon does. 😂
It's hilarious to see the chickens trying to fly.


The goats are getting bigger.


All the differences in sizes amaze me a little.


Working on a painting.


My little set up.
I'm someone who could always use more art supplies. 😄😂


I took a picture while I was working on the background.


Finished the background.
A wooded river bank.


Now why did I add the figure?
It's because this is a scene from my favorite book.
Jennifer  A. Nielsen's "The False Prince"
This scene is towards the end of the book.
 The main character rode out to a river bank that had been mentioned a few times prier in the book.
Another character had followed him to the river.
The second character a sword that had held some significance earlier as well.
Ounce receiving the sword the character hurled it into the deepest bend in the river.
That moment is depicted here in my painting.
I shared this in a contest the author of the book had.
Sadly the painting only made it to the semi-final round of the contest.
But Mrs. Nielsen asked me for permission to share the painting on her blog with other fans of the series.
This link will take you to her blog post my painting is on.
There are several great entries into the contest as well the author shared on her blog as well.


Our cherry tree has tons of  cherries.
The younger kids enjoy picking them.
this tree has been producing several large bowls full the past few years.


Behind are the short sunflowers.
Whinny likes to come up and sit or stand near someone until they through her something.
She loves fetching!


My mom's mammoth sunflowers are huge already!



The tiger lilies all abloom.
We had a palomino horse named after these beautiful blooms.



Mom helping me stuff envelopes.


Getting wedding invitations out!


I found the kittens!
I found homes for all three.
Although they won't be old enough to leave their mother until October.


Little Heidi was messing with an old truck cab.


Cleaning for the bridal shower.



Preparations for the bridal shower.




Table centers.



Burning the giant pile behind the shed.
Dad kept watch of it.



The little ones brought dad some lunch.
Dad ensured they all stayed a safe distance from the fire. 


It was very large!


Home making the décor.


I cut letters out of cardboard, then painted them.


I painted newspaper and taped it to a few books.
I thought this was a cute idea.




My dad got a lift to use for fixing our vehicles.
Billy and Tommy helped him set it up the day before the shower.


Taking a few decoration down that were left up from the wedding last year.


Gretchen accidentally ordered coconut milk instead of  our regular whole milk.
No one else care to drink it, but I found it gave an extra flavor to my hot chocolate.


Décor ready to get put up.


A fancy card box.
Brooke left a few crates she had for her wedding at my parents house.
I used a bit of the décor she had left.


My card board letters.
The lights were a nice touch.







There were a few sunflowers blooming the morning of the bridal shower.





Getting the chairs put up.






The top side of my pile of books.


Adding tulle gave the center piece an extra flare.


We put a bit of tulle up on the walls.
As Gretchen and I were putting it up I messed around with the tulle a bit.


All set up ready to go!



So many gifts! Since the first bridal shower had been cancelled the gifts were dropped off at Sam's.
There were a few jokes about how many gifts were there compared to guest.



Bridal Shower Pictures



























 The guest were mostly my grandmother, aunts and cousins.
I did have a few friends attend as well. 😊


She enjoyed the company as well.


Picking up the tulle, Teri played around with it.


Sunflowers!










I made a batch of deviled eggs for lunch.
They look almost to good to eat!
I stirred chives in and sprinkled a few on top.


I think I'm going to miss these three the most when I move out!


She took my headphones.
It took a while to get them back.


On our way to the family reunion.
My mom's father's side gets together for a weekend.
We enjoy staying from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon.






One of mom's cousins brought his team and offered a wagon ride.
Sadly there was only one ride.
The wagon was very old and during the first ride a beam snapped.
It gave a scare for those on the ride.
Thankfully no one was hurt.








More Sunflowers!











A busy bee.







This is the face Beth started making when I told her I will be moving soon.


She hasn't been to happy with me.
Whenever Sam comes over she keeps a close watch of us so that I won't leave.😂



Sam's mother gifted me these t-shirts.
A wonderful surprise. 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment

Forest Bookmarks April 2022

Forest Themed Bookmarks.  It has been quit a while since I posted here on my personal blog. I'm not going to try to catch up,  most ever...