Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Reviews


                         Floors 


Image result for floors novel

Author: Patrick Carman
Originally published: 04/30/2013
 Library Classification: Tween
My classification: Tween and for the more experienced younger readers too.

Genre: Fiction Mystery 

Online blurb
Charlie had his chocolate factory. Stanley Yelnats had his holes. Leo has the wacky, amazing Whippet Hotel.


The Whippet Hotel is a strange place full of strange and mysterious people. Each floor has its own quirks and secrets. Leo should know most of them - he is the maintenance man's son, after all. But a whole lot more mystery gets thrown his way when a series of cryptic boxes are left for him . . . boxes that lead him to hidden floors, strange puzzles, and unexpected alliances. Leo had better be quick on his feet, because the fate of the building he loves is at stake . . . and so is Leo's own future!

Favorite Character 
The gardener.
Can't remember his name off the top of my head.

My Thoughts
I enjoyed this novel as well as the rest of the trilogy Patrick Carman wrote.
As a child I used to imagine goofy rooms and themes.
The Whippet Hotel could have came straight out of my own imaginations.
Defiantly a great book for an imaginative mind.

Image result for floors novel characters




Image result for the false prince

Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen
Originally published: April 1, 2012
 Library Classification: Tween
My classification: Teen

Genre:  Fantasy Fiction


Favorite Character
Sage and Prince Jaron

Online blurb
In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan to find an impersonator of the king's long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Four orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage. Sage knows that Conner's motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword's point—he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. But Sage's rivals have their own agendas as well.

As Sage moves from a rundown orphanage to Conner's sumptuous palace, layer upon layer of treachery and deceit unfold, until finally, a truth is revealed that, in the end, may very well prove more dangerous than all of the lies taken together.

My Thoughts

The Ascendance Trilogy is my favorite. If you haven't seen one of my older post yet.
I am super excited Jennifer is publishing a fourth book.
 Turning the trilogy to a series, in October 2020.
I would have classified this series as a tween book,
 but there are a couple detailed deaths within the books.
But if that doesn't bother a younger reader this is a great series.
Sadly I haven't found any copies of this series at any thrift shops
or at the book sale my local library puts on.
I have yet to add this series to my book shelf. 😔


Image result for the false prince

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forest Bookmarks April 2022

Forest Themed Bookmarks.  It has been quit a while since I posted here on my personal blog. I'm not going to try to catch up,  most ever...